Since 12 June I've accomplished the following:
- Finally finished the absurd book project which I've been obscurely alluding to here for well over a year now. (Well, sent it off to the publishers, at any rate. There's a whole editing process to go through later.)
- Had a very nice meal out here, and another one here.
- Attended a seemingly endless sequence of, er, four National Childbirth Trust ante-natal classes, teaching me to usher B. through the whole birth-giving process and which way up to hold the baby afterwards. I never thought I'd find talk of breasts in a room full of attractive women quite so dull.
- Gone to a rather madder session on yoga and shiatsu massage in a childbirth context, where there was much talk of cervices opening like beautiful flowers.
- Undergone an intensive driving course, costing over £500 and consisting of three hour lessons nearly every day for a week and a half.
- Hilariously failed my driving test.
- Mostly enjoyed, but been ultimately disappointed by, Torchwood: Children of Earth. Which is nonetheless a nigh-unthinkable improvement on all earlier Torchwood.
- Uploaded lots more microfictional goodness to my webpage.
- Successfully rationalised our VHS, audio cassette and, most mastodontically, book collections to make space for various baby-related items of furniture and other possessions.
- Made a surprisingly large number of trips into the loft in pursuance of the above.
- Successfully completed various tasks at work which, even assuming you were interested in any of the above, you're not remotely interested in.
Still, he's due in a week and a bit, after which I'm sure everything will calm right down again.