Since last we spoke, dear readers, I've:
- Written my December column for Surefish (not up at the site yet -- I'll flag it here when it is);
- Spent five days on a pre-seasonal visit to my parents;
- Additionally visited various friends and their charming offspring (no, no, that wasn't ironic, the offspring in question really was charming);
- Contracted food poisoning (from a meal unlikely now ever to be determined) and spent several days and nights feeling like, not to put too fine a point on it, shit;
- Done every single last bit (oh please dear God) of my Christmas shopping;
- Revised my opinion of Torchwood slightly upward again in the light of the thoroughly competent Out of Time;
- Gone to the very pleasant and tasteful Service of Nine Lessons and Carols at St Mary Redcliffe;
- Written a celebratory midwinter story and distributed it to friends in lieu of Christmas cards;
- Done two and a half days at work;
- Had lunch with a random university friend I haven't seen for years, who I now seem to be working in the same building with;
- Played host to a miserable bloody cold that's still showing no signs of departing after nearly a week together.
I may have more to say on some or all of these at some point soon, but I wouldn't bank on it. Happy Midwinter to you all, though, and a thoroughly Merry Christmas if I don't manage to update further before then.