23 June 2004

Oops

I had an unexpectedly intimate encounter with the road, on the way home from work yesterday in the pissing rain. I had to brake suddenly, the scooter's tyres weren't as firm as one would ideally wish, and suddenly the world came up and met me sideways. Bloody ouch.

I seem to be OK, though -- my knees are grazed (but not too badly), and the toes of my left foot are evidently a bit sprained. I spent this morning waiting around to have them x-rayed, so as to make sure nothing was broken... but this seems to be the case, so hurrah.

Given how it felt last night I'm rather surprised, actually, but today (admittedly with liberal application of painkillers) it's not too bad to walk on. I may even go back into work tomorrow. Just not on the bloody bike, which is now in for repairs. Hey ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)