03 July 2004

Making a Spectacle, Etc.

You may remember my fashionable glasses. Well, while I was cleaning them yesterday the fuckers came apart in my hands. The whole left arm broke off at the welded join.

The opticians were very good about it, immediately offering to order in a replacement frame... but even so, I now have to spend at least a week relying on spectacles which don't correct for my astigmatism. And surely -- I mean, correct me if I'm wrong -- but surely trendy, popular glasses which people are invited to pay a lot of money for, ought at least to have the quality of not falling apart to recommend them? I mean, shouldn't they? Or am I being very naive?

I just hope this happens to bloody David Beckham, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)