10 August 2004

Blockage => Bloggage

Having given up on the talks in a bit of a panic for the time being, I'm now working on the September-deadlined short story.

Since Friday I've:

1. realised that my plot was in completely the wrong order and rejigged it,
2. found a much better title than the previous one -- still a Shakespeare quote, but a more apt one with some pleasing '50s B-movie resonances into the bargain,
3. realised that the first paragraph was very nearly in iambic pentameter -- and hey, it's a Shakespearian story -- so reworked it so that it actually is, and
4. actually written bugger all.

This is more or less par for the course. Sooner or later my creative plughole will spontaneously unblock itself, and the whole thing will come splurging out. (I can think of other metaphors there, none of them edifying.)

Meanwhile, I may as well update the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)