20 August 2004

Wittering Again

I'm mercifully unblocked as far as the short story goes. Which is nice.

This isn't unmitigatedly good news, however, as I also have to finish off the Greenbelt talks before the end of next week, and I'm back at work on Wednesday doing bloody arsing student enrolment. Hey ho.

(Oh, and I'm moving house in September... throughout pretty much all of September actually, or that's the way it's looking at the moment.)

I can't go into much detail about this particular short story, partly because the premise is convoluted and bizarre, and partly because the anthology it's for hasn't been announced yet. I've had to spend some time researching Elizabethan alchemy, though. And I've just written a scene with a manticore.

Annoyingly as well, the anthology in which "Sex Secrets of the Robot Replicants" (the short story I was writing back in April) is due to appear still hasn't had its details announced, meaning that I still can't tell you what it is. The book is nominally publishing next month, but I'm beginning to suspect we'll be lucky to see it before November. (A handful of you may be able to guess from this which volume I'm talking about, of course, but that's not something I propose to fret about.)

Still... loosening of the verbal constipation which has had me in its grip since July is definitely something to be thankful for, and so I am. Hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)