06 May 2005

Same as the Old Boss

Well, I think it's fair to say we were all expecting something of the kind. Hey ho. Perhaps the reduced majority will make Mr Tony think twice before charging, cutlass in teeth, to follow George Bush into Iran or Syria or New Zealand or wherever he's thinking of attacking next. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Bristol South, where I live, was never likely to unseat Blair's Paymaster General, Dawn Primarolo. Still, opposition in general is up here (over half the electorate didn't vote for "Red" Dawn, which may sound fairly rubbish but is a genuine improvement), the Lib Dems beat the Tories to second place, and the Greens got a pretty respectable 5% of the vote. (If that last one is repeated all over the country, I'll be deliriously happy. Or possibly just delirious.)

For those of you who have been following its various permutations, the Who Should You Vote For? site is running an exit poll, Who Did You Vote For?, with viewable results. I would have mentioned this yesterday, but the new poll was having some teething troubles.

[Edit to add: I don't know what Steve Bell's on, but I really don't want some of it, ever.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)