04 February 2005

Finally Friday

Well, the week's relaxing hasn't gone as well as I expected. What with skiving (or, if you insist, legitimately absent) workmates, a puncture to the back tire of the scooter and a Wedesday evening spent subjected to furniture shopping at the Pestilent Vatican of Beelzebub, things have actually been appallingly busy. Still, I do now get a weekend off, rather than a weekend of work, and the week after next is half term, so with luck I might get a chance to relax a bit then.

Today at work I have been mostly withdrawing books from stock and updating the library catalogue with links to websites, which tells you all you need to know about the state of library provision in education at present.

There has now been a rather minimalist official announcement of the anthology in which my short story "Minions of the Moon" is appearing. It's called Wildthyme on Top, will be published by Big Finish (who put out A Life Worth Living), and is edited by the respected novelist Paul Magrs: see Stuart Douglas's Iris Wildthyme website for (currently rather sketchy) details. I'll be updating my own site once the publishers have updated theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)