17 February 2005

Pottering Around Update

Today I sent off three short story ideas for the follow-up anthology to A Life Worth Living. I can't go into any more detail at present, either about the stories or about the collection itself, but I am hoping one of them gets picked up, as I think any of the three would be quite fun to write (and, hopefully, read).

I've also had a friend contact me with the suggestion that I might want to co-author a critical book on S.F., which (after some initial reservations) I find I'm getting rather enthusiastic about. It's been some time since I did any proper academic criticism -- I haven't even kept up the fan reviewing of late -- and I did wonder if I'd be able to summon up any enthusiasm after the lengthy drawn-out slog that was my thesis. The proposal is a really fascinating one, though, and since reading it I keep finding myself thinking of things to add to it. (What's more, the friend in question already has a publisher seriously interested, which from my point of view cuts out a great deal of the work at a stroke.) Er, I probably shouldn't say any more about that, either.

Finally, I'm trying to put together some more stuff for my webpage -- primarily some Extras relating to Wildthyme on Top for after it's published, including at least one piece which should prove of interest to fans of Of the City of the Saved.... I'm also trying to think of some extra material for A Life Worth Living, as well as getting round to finishing off the bloody transcripts of my Greenbelt talks. It's getting to the time of year when I need to pitch something for Greenbelt 2005, as well, if I'm hoping to benefit from a free ticket again.

It is, in short, all go here... I may have mentioned below that half term has been mostly quiet. This is clearly only because I've been ignoring everything which ought to have been calling urgently on my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)