25 March 2005

Aargh

This S.F.-crit proposal is taking far longer than I anticipated. I'm obviously way out of practice in estimating these things. I'm going to have to keep working through this weekend as well, despite visiting the in-laws.

I had been rather looking forward to this Easter -- a change of scenery, time with B. (whose work has stopped driving her like a horse now), perhaps a trip to church (also a fairly rare occurrence) and new Doctor Who. As it is, I'll have to take along the palmtop, keyboard and probably a dozen or so reference books. Argh and knickers.

(Nothing in the world would make me miss Doctor Who, though.
Little-sister-in-law's boyfriend and I have insisted, as a condition of our attendance, that the rest of the family promise to maintain strict silence throughout the first episode, and only to articulate their questions and comments afterwards. It remains to be seen whether this will have any practical effect on anyone's behaviour but our own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)