02 March 2005

Sleep Cycle

This morning I was caught in one of those nested dream-sequences which you sometimes enter when you're in the really deep sleep stage of your sleep cycle, but you nevertheless know that you have to get up very, very soon now: where you keep on waking up, seeing the time, going "Agh!", getting out of bed, experiencing stressful and / or surreal events for several minutes, and then waking up again going "Agh!" and starting the whole process off once more.

This chain lasted for a good dozen iterations, in the course of which I must have had a good couple of hours' worth of panic squeezed into the space of fifteen minutes. As a consequence, I've been suffering all day from the hazily uneasy expectation that at some point I'll realise that I've inadvertently driven my moped into the library, or be abruptly surrounded by bonobos.

At some point during the morning's antics I remember meeting Dawn from Buffy, who had a third nipple and twelve-year-old twins: they (the twins, not the nipples) were being read a bedtime story by Captain Jack Sparrow.

I also came up with a particularly good design for duckling-shaped cuddly toys which would be ideally suited to being held in bed. I may see if I can get someone to make them and sell them -- or at least to make me one. It might help me sleep properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)