22 April 2004

Hello, Good Evening and...

Bollocks. I seem to have let this weblog lie dormant for over two weeks, again. I must be more diligently, clearly, or else decide to call this a fortnightly weblog rather than a weekly one.

(Interesting fact: When I tutored American exchange students in Oxford, "fortnight" was the standard English word which they most frequently failed to understand. I don't mean just because of my accent -- the English they were used to simply didn't include the item of vocabulary. The second most common was "bollocks".)

In the past fortnight, Mad Norwegian Press have announced that Of the City of the Saved... is likely to be available in early May, which is frighteningly soon now. Unfortunately, the promised hardback copies will not be materialising, as they've proved (with The Book of the War and This Town Will Never Let Us Go) to be uneconomical.

I've also been hard at work writing the short story I mentioned here recently, which I still can't tell you anything else about. Well, except that it's called "Sex Secrets of the Robot Replicants! (and other works)", which gives you some idea.