26 August 2004

Final Greenbelt Plug

Well, I probably won't get another opportunity to update before the weekend, so here's a reminder that I'm delivering two talks at the Greenbelt Festival at Cheltenham Racecourse.

My talks are on "Science Fiction as the Bible" (5pm on Sunday 29 August) and "The Bible as Science Fiction" (12noon on Monday 30 August), and are taking place in Greenbelt's literary venue, Between the Lines. I now have the talks in a form I'm reasonably happy with (having practiced them at my very patient friends R & M the other night).

They're not quite as radical as the deliberately contentious titles would suggest: the first is talking in general terms about reading SF as a Christian, the latter about reading the Bible as an SF reader. I'm probably saying some reasonably unexpected things, though -- at least, I hope so -- and for anyone interested in the idea of SF as it relates to faith in general, I would hope they'd be, er, of general interest.

I'll also be reading from Of the City of the Saved... at the open-mike Writer's Cafe organised by the Subway Writer's Collective, starting at 8pm on Sunday evening. (I'm an "invited reader", so I don't think they could actually stop me now even if they wanted to.)

Day tickets are available at £25 for adults, £16 concessions. Do come along, if you're in the vague area and interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)