01 March 2005

33 1/3

I seem to be a third of a century old today.

Assuming that 100 years is a plausible life expectancy for someone of my generation -- a thesis which involves a large number of substantial assumptions about the progress of medical technology, the persistence of civilisation and its infrastructure, and my starting to lose weight and do some exercise at some point very soon now -- this means, among other things, that from now on it's going to be rather difficult to claim not to be middle-aged.

On the other hand, I've achieved a reasonable amount in the past few years, and it's not as if I have to go through all that tedious business of childhood, puberty and schooling again. So actually, I'm reasonably sanguine about this.

More so than my beloved seems to be about her imminent 30th birthday, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)