16 March 2005

Lives and Times

Well, I promised a long time ago now that I'd blog the entire writing process of my next writing commission after Of the City of the Saved... -- and, apart from the tentative and confidential early stages, I've pretty much managed that with Peculiar Lives. I've been doing it since May, in fact. Back then, Peculiar Times was still called Peculiar Lives and Peculiar Lives was called A Man Apart. During that time I've written a short story, seen another short story published and moved house.

Since I know some of you at least are still reading, I'm assuming that this hasn't been too dull, or at least that some of you are capable of skipping the boring bits.

Anyway. The writing process in question is now over, barring unexpected pre-publication crises as at the weekend I completed the handful of fairly minor rewrites which had been requested by the editor. Not all of them were things I agreed with, but that's OK -- it's why we have editors as well as writers. The text of the novella is now in a form which the publishers, as well as I, consider usable, which is, I must say, a pleasant relief.

I'm expecting the publishers to announce the book on their website any day now. Mind you, I've been expecting that for a number of weeks, so we'll have to see what happens. Rest assured, you'll read about it here the moment it becomes public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)