09 January 2006

Lionising

Andrew Rilstone's always very entertaining, at least when he's writing about something I know about. (Fortunately, he's an Inklings fan and S.F. Geek In Ordinary, although he loses me a bit when he talks about comics or role-playing games.)

His review and analysis of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is particularly entertaining, though -- the first footnote specifically is one of the funniest things I've read in ages. It's also very wise, although some of what he says about the film is almost diametrically opposite to the conclusions I came to. The stuff about how the blockbuster genre warps the stories and characters with which it comes into contact is fascinating.

(Now, if only he'd get a decent spellchecker and proofreader, and check people's names when mentioning them...)

I've just bought myself this and this from Borders, and this from Amazon. I love having leftover Christmas money, although of course it never lasts long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please sign comments -- it helps keep track of things. Offensive comments may occasionally be deleted, and spam definitely will be.)